Download Alexa App for Windows, Android, MAC | Install & Setup
Download & Install Alexa App on Different OS
Waana Download Alexa app for different OS? Then we do our best to assume no prior knowledge of downloading and installing Alexa, these are valuable guidelines for setup Alexa.
Alexa App Download For Windows 10
Do these below steps for download Alexa for Window 10 Operating System:
- The First and foremost, Click the magnifying glass icon in the bottom-right corner of your desktop screen.
- Enter Microsoft Store into the search bar and click on “Open” button.
- Type Alexa App into the search bar. (you can find search bar in the upper right corner of the Microsoft store window . )
- Select Alexa App into the App List ( This is the free app with the blue icon)
- Next, click on the Get button to download Alexa button into your computer system.
- Once Alexa App downloading process is finished, click om Launch button to install it into your computer.
- Then click on set up Amazon Alexa button.
- Sign In with amazon account otherwise create an amazon account (if you are existing user of Amazon, enter your username and password and click on Sign-In. If you don’t have an Amazon account, then without think twice click Create a new Amazon account. For create a new account, you will have to fill your name, an email address and create a healthy password, after filling these details click on Create your Amazon account.)
- Click on continue button on terms and condition page.
- Generally, continue to allow your computer to access your microphone.
- After that, click on yes button to confirm.
- Further, choose one option from hand-free and push to talk mode.
- In last, configure the app and finished the process.
Download Alexa App For MAC OS
This step is for how to download and install Alexa app on your MAC Operating system.
With the MAC OS, you are unable to download Alexa app directly on Mac OS. you can access the app without downloading any application it.
First- Follow these steps to access Alexa app on Mac OS without downloading application:
- Open the web browser on your MAC Operating System.
- Click on search bar and type alexa.amazon.com. Then, click on “Enter” button.
- After doing this, you can see Alexa app on next screen on your MAC OS.
- Then, Login it with your amazon account. By just entering username and password.
- Next, turn your Alexa device on after logging into your Amazon account on the Alexa web app.
- Wait till the indicator of your Alexa device turn orange.
- Further, go to the navigation panel of Mac PC to connect with the Alexa device.
- Click on “Settings option ->Setup a New Device -> Alexa Device ->Select the language of your Alexa device”.
- Go to your wi-fi setting of your MAC PC , find your Alexa device on the wi-fi list.
- Try to connect your Alexa device with the Web App.
- By implementing above steps, you can able to un Alexa app on your Mac PC through the online Alexa web page.
Alexa App Download for Android
Read below step by step instructions for the download Alexa app on android Phone:
- First of all open your phone and go to your Play store.
- Tap on the search bar of the play store and type Alexa App into the search bar
- Find out the blue icon Alexa app into the whole list and click on it.
- Now, click on download button.
- Once the App get downloaded, click on the install button and without close your phone just follow the on-screen steps to complete the installation of Alexa App on your Android device.
- After complete installation, get ready to setup the Amazon Alexa App on Android device.
- Next, open the App and enter Amazon account details to login. (if you are existing user of Amazon, enter your username and password and click on Sign-In. If you don’t have an Amazon account, then without think twice click Create a new Amazon account. For create a new account, you will have to fill your name, an email address and create a healthy password, after filling these details click on Create your Amazon account.
- Make sure, you have successfully logged in to your Amazon account.
- In last, start pairing your Echo device with Alexa App which lets you control and access the smart device easier.
Download Alexa App for iOS
You can easily download Alexa App on the iPhone and i-Pad from the app store. Just Follow the below steps for Alexa app download on iOS:
- Open your I-phone after that, open app store on your iPhone or i-Pad.
- Tap on the search bar of the app store and Type “Alexa App” into the search bar and tap on enter button.
- After doing this, you will able to see the Alexa app option on the top.
- Click on its blue icon.
- Now click on download to download the Alexa app on your iPhone or i-Pad.
- After finished downloading process click on install option
- Done installation, now open the app.
- After opening this Alexa App, Login it by using Amazon account.
- Fill your amazon username and password to log in.
- Now select the option – “Talk to your Alexa”.
- After doing this, it will ask permission to access your iPhone’s or i-Pad’s microphone. Click on “Yes” option to proceed.
- Also, turn on the hands-free mode of your Alexa device.
- You can configure Alexa app according to your choice.
- Always, click on Enable option “To run Alexa task when you log in”.
- Finally, the Alexa app will be downloaded on your iPhone. Now you can change the setting of the Alexa app according to your choice.
Download Alexa App on Chrome book
Here the steps to download Alexa app on Chrome book:
- Open chrome and open Play Store app or go to https://play.google.com/store.
- Type “Alexa app” in the search bar and click on the search button.
- Now, Open the free blue icon Amazon Alexa app and click on Install button to download Alexa app.
- After completion the process open the Alexa app on your Chrome book.
Once you have successfully downloaded Alexa app on chrome book then, you can use it to control your Alexa-powered device, including Echo Dot and Amazon Tap.
Setup Echo Device - Learn Steps
But you don’t know how to set up your Echo device? Here’s how to control:
- The First and foremost, plug-in the Echo device that is plugs in one end of the USB cable in the power port of the Echo device and the other end in the power adapter.
- Check the echo device starts receiving power and check there will be blue ring.
- Wait till Blue ring to turn into Orange color. It means the device is in the setup mode.
Setup Alexa App
After setting up echo device, let’s start setup the alexaappdownload on your Chrome book. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Alexa app on .
- Tap the “Choose Your Device” from the dropdown and choose the device to connect to the Amazon Alexa app.
- Next, choose your location and language to complete the process.
Next step is connecting your device to wi-fi network. Usually, the Echo device spontaneously connects with the Amazon Alexa app. If not connected, then you need to do it manually. Here’s how to do:
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your Chrome book.
- Now, turn on your wi-fi.
- From the available networks, choose the networks with the name like “Amazon-XYZ”.
- In the Alexa app go to Next->Continue button. Click on the “Continue” button and wait for the Amazon Alexa app to finish the setup process.
- Choose a wireless network to connect alexa on your mobile device and proceed with the instructions to complete beginning a connection.
- By implementing these setup alexa app steps, now you’re all ready to use the Echo device with Amazon Alexa app on your Chrome book.
Condition - when you are unable to Download Alexa App into your device
While the app is capable of performing a various task by own, it is often overwhelmed with issues with users reporting that the app won’t download.
Some times after various tries you are unable to download and install Alexa App on your Device. Moreover, tried to download with various options but neither option worked and you don’t know what to do next!!
In this condition, you are frustrated….
Read the below Instructions and follow step by step without skip any step and get your Alexa App into your device.
Why I Can't Download the Alexa App?
Can’t download the Alexa App issues can be quite frustrating for users, but rest assured as they can be easily fixed at following these steps.
Step 1: First of all check your device storage if your device storage is full then you are unable to download. First of all, go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Device Storage’. Make sure you have a minimum of 3 GB space available on the device. In case your device storage is minimal to 3 GB then you have to remove some file and free your device storage.
Step 2: After, free up space, restart your device.
Step 3: Check whether your Operating System is up to date. You can also check it in the ‘System Updates’. If the new update is available then, without any delay install it.
Step 4: In last, delete and reinstall the application into your device.
These simple troubleshooting steps help you to resolve alexxaapdownload issue.
Alexa App Download Common Problems
Most Common Alexa App Download Problems
- How to Fix Alexa App Stuck on Setup
- Alexa App Keeps Crashing On Android Devices
- When Alexa not discovering device
- Alexa device not discovered
- Why My Alexa App not open problem
- No response to voice command
- Music plays on working device
- Bluetooth issue
- Music not streaming
- Alexa device not connected
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Alexa needs Wi-Fi because without Wi-Fi, Alexa stops working as well as without wi-fi it becomes just a simple Bluetooth speaker.
Actually, Alexa is able to play music, provide information, deliver news and sports scores, tell you the weather, control your smart home and even allow Prime members to order products from Amazon.
- Open the app store into your device
- Search Alexa app
- Click on Install Alexa app
- Select open
To set up alexa with the voice remote, first insert the batteries to power it up. After that, open the Alexa app. Click on the hamburger icon () and click on Settings > Device Settings. In last, click on the Echo device you want to pair with the remote.
Open your Computer device. Search first Microsoft store. After that, you can find the search bar in the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Store window. Type Alexa App into the search bar. Find alexaapdownload from list and click on blue icon. Then, click on get button to download Alexa App into your computer.